Thursday, January 19, 2012

Classroom Setup

I thought I'd start off by showing a few pictures of my classroom.  Decorating and setting up my room is my favorite thing to do!  I love organizing everything and finding new ways to make it cuter!  I love polka dots, the "kid drawn" line by Carson Delosa, and primary colors.  So here it is:

Reading station
The pocket chart ordinal numbers are from Doodlebugs Teaching
She is fabulous!

Our classroom calendar for quick date and spelling references of months and days.
We do calendar on the promethean board but I like to have a visual in the room as well. Most of my posters and displays that I buy are the kid drawn line by Carson Delosa.  Love them!


My math materials shelf organized in white bins with labels. 


The back of our room where the kids unpack and turn in homework folders and notes in the yellow bins.
The precious stuffed snowmen heads are an idea from Pinterest.  I'm not sure who's blog they're from but if you know let me know so I can give them credit. 


The back corner of our room with the editors checklist pocket chart, literacy and math stations pocket chart, and supplies organized on a cute shelf given to me by a fabulous coworker!  I like the kids to be able to get supplies that they've lost by themselves so I don't have to constantly stop teaching to get them myself.  The kids go to the back and get scissors, erasers, glue sticks, etc.  The centers cards are from Made for 1st Grade.  I seriously check their blog almost every day.  I am in love with their center packs right now.  


Love my polka dot curtains.  These precious snowmen I found from Pinterest as well.  They're probably from the same teachers blog as the snowmen heads.  Let me know if you know who's original idea this is! :)


I love this long wall of windows in our school.  I have my word family posters for the kids to reference.  My students are separated into four teams: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.  Each team has a desk caddy and each child has their own basket from Really Good Stuff.  Each team also has their own early finishers container with three drawers labeled "writer's blocks," books, and file folder games.  I bought the large plastic blocks from Walmart and labeled them with writing topics.  I covered up the back shelves with primary colored fabric and put bows in the corners.  Love some bows too!


Kid Drawn birthday posters.  Love!


Here's a view of the front of my room.  Two "Writing Gallery" displays for the kid's work.  Right now we have Abbey's adorable snowmen gift writing samples up.  This idea is from her Snowman Birthday pack which my students loved!   

Closeup of on side of the writing gallery wall.  The adorable pencil display was originally Cara's idea at The First Grade Parade, but she gave permission to Lindsey at Teacher Wife to make a digital version of it.  Love both of them!

So there you have it!  As you can see, I get a lot of inspiration from so many fabulous teachers.  Thank you so much to all of you! 

3 comments:

  1. Your classroom and your blog are adorable! Im your first follower! Yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is evident that you enjoy decorating your classroom! So cute! I'm your second follower! Come by for a visit soon!

    Chatterbox Blessings,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so neat and organized, I love it! So much wall space, I am jealous:)I know we are all dying to get into ur classrooms to decorate, I think we are all a bit nuts, lol!! Thanks so much for linking up.

    Aloha,
    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete