Saturday, March 17, 2012

You've Been Egged!

So I decided to make the cute idea that's all over Pinterest called "You've Been Egged!" into a fun activity for my students, but in an educational way of course!  If you're not familiar with this activity just search for it on Pinterest.  Basically, it's like being booed at Halloween.  You hid a bunch of eggs in someone's yard in your neighborhood and leave a cute note saying you've been egged.  They get to have a mini egg hunt and you pass the basket of eggs on to another neighbor!  Cute huh?  Well I'm going to do the same.  The Easter Bunny himself is going to egg my students ;o!  He's going to leave a note that explains what he did and how he has a special project for the kids.  They have to solve some addition problems for him and make a poster with a partner showing their work.  When he returns the next day to check their work he will leave a surprise!  I'm going to leave a word problem in each egg though that the students have to solve with a partner.  I've turned this fun activity into a mini pack that I'm selling on TPT.  I included some writing activities into it as well, and some crafts.  I'm super excited for the Bunny to come and egg my students.  I'm really lucky because my classroom leads right outside to our courtyard so I'm going to hide the eggs in there. :)   



No comments:

Post a Comment